All you need is LOVE...and a DOG.

All you need is LOVE...and a DOG.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fall Rag Wreath


I've been so inspired lately by the change in the season. I love the cooler days and comfort food that comes with the holidays, and I especially love all the fun holiday inspired crafts. I've been seeing a lot of wreath ideas on Pinterest lately and I just had to make one. I decided to make a rag wreath...very simple, inexpensive and fun to make. 


 I purchased this foam ring from Target of all places in the $1 bins located near the front of the store. I always check that area because you never know what you might find. I recently found a great roll of faux newspaper wrapping paper that I'm using for decoupage project.




I have a lot scraps of fabric leftover from  my sewing projects that I never throw away, because you never know when you might need to use them. By saving the scraps I saved my self money and time by not having to make a trip to the fabric store.  I know they don't really look like they go together, but I thought the green would be a nice contrast to the yellow and would pick up those tiny hints of green throughout the yellow paisley patterned fabric. 


I cut the fabric into strips about 11 to 12 inches long and 1 inch wide. If you try to recreate this project your strips will vary in length depending on the size of the wreath you are making etc. After cutting several strips of fabric I got to work. I just tied the strips around the foam circle with a double knot at the end. You just keep adding strips to the foam ring until it's full.


I think total time for this wreath was about an hour and a half. The wreath turned out really cute, but it was missing something.  I had some leftover burlap and twine so I made a "FALL" inspired pennant flag that I hot glued in place. I hung the finished wreath on my front door using a no damage self adhesive hook. 

It makes me so happy to come home and see my fall inspired rag wreath hanging on my door.


{ I also forgot to mention that I edited my photo's using a really cool website pic monkey }






1 comment:

  1. Love it dollar store has the rings as well but wooden and floral as well.

    ReplyDelete