All you need is LOVE...and a DOG.

All you need is LOVE...and a DOG.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

DIY Dog Collar


Anybody who knows me, knows that I love my dog... Bentley. He is a constant source of comedy, comfort and inspiration. I like to think that he has his own sense of style that goes with his personality. I noticed that his collar was looking a little worn out, so I decided to make him a new one.

I did my usual research and found this very helpful video on you tube. My first attempt was using fabric and fusible interfacing. I chose a funky retro print fabric because I thought it would look cool against Bentley's dark fur. The fabric collar came out ok, but lacked the structure of a traditional collar.


I wasn't super happy with my first collar attempt so I decided to make another one. This time I purchased a yard of black nylon webbing to give the collar the structure missing from the first collar. I also found a super cute mustache ribbon to use as an accent. The best thing is that I was able to purchase all the supplies for this project for less than $5.00...I never go to the craft store without a coupon!


It took me about 30 minutes to make the collar because I took my time sewing the ribbon onto the  nylon. I wanted to make sure that my sewing was as clean as possible. I used Bentley's existing collar as a guide for size. I am so happy with the collar and I think Bentley likes it too. 



I took some pictures of Bentley modeling his new collar. 


It must be so exhausting being this cute.





No comments:

Post a Comment