All you need is LOVE...and a DOG.

All you need is LOVE...and a DOG.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Winter Wonderland Christmas Trees



I am so excited to share one of the many Christmas crafts I've completed over the past two weeks. This project was so fun, inexpensive and easy enough that it could be done with kids. 


I got the inspiration for this project from a blog called Creative in Chicago. She made these super cute cone trees out of cardboard and cotton balls and a little bling...too cute! Here is a link to the original post, and below is a picture of her finished tree.


I originally only planned to make one tree but after I completed the first one, I was addicted and wanted to make a few more. 



I bought 2 bags of cotton balls from the dollar store and pulled them apart into 2 pieces. I did this because the cotton balls were too big and fluffy on the tree form. I then shaped the pieces with my fingers into round circle like shapes.



 I made my tree forms from cardboard we had in the garage held in place with masking tape. I then hot glued the cotton balls to the cone shape. I found it was easier to pre-shape a bunch of cotton and then do a 1 to 2 inch strip of hot glue and then place several cotton pieces at a time.


I made 3 trees... 2 small and 1 large. The great thing about this project is that you can make 1 or a whole forest. I then decided to give each one of my trees a little personality. I used a combination of mini christmas tree lights, adhesive glitter dots and red felt ribbon. I used hot glue to make sure my ribbon and lights stayed in place.





The finished trees are absolutely adorable. They looked kinda naked just sitting on my table, so I used a sequenced mini tree skirt as a base for a whimsical holiday centerpiece. 




I hope this inspires you to make something wonderful. 

Kc Jo

xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment